1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

back again...

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Main Forum' started by Mike Mc, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Mike Mc

Mike Mc '16 Prius 4, '13 Prius 3

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Back in 2013 we had the misfortune to have a few issues come up on the '06 Prius and we traded out for a '13 Mazda 3 Skyactive. The Mazda was trouble free but never once came close to the advertised 39 mpg, the best tank being 36 mpg on a straight flat hwy in west Texas. The rationality in purchasing the Mazda rather than the '13 Prius was solely based on the Prius' center console being attached to the dash and making the cabin less accessible. We liked the Mazda, but it never met our expectations. Once the pictures of the '16 Prius interior started circling my wife was grinning like a teenage girl with a secret. This past Saturday her dream was fulfilled and she drove home in the new Silver 4-ATP.

On a side note I noticed that some of the Prius 4's on the lots had Dunlop tires and the one we purchased has the Toyo Nano, I thought that was strange.

krmcg and bwilson4web like this.
  2. krmcg

krmcg Lowered Blizzard Pearl Beauty

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have the Toyo tires and find them perfectly acceptable - and the mileage is great! Some have mentioned tire noise as an issue, but I do not find that to be the case.

glennonrp likes this.
  3. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Funny. The biggest reason I haven't bought a 2016 over my 2004 is the interior. The G2 and G3 are far superior. That's because I value storage and the G4 is a train wreck in that area. The flying bridge in the G3 didn't bother me a bit in a test drive, but the car overall wasn't an upgrade over my G2, so I didn't buy one. The G4 is a far superior car but the far inferior interior has made me delay my purchase.

4. glennonrp

glennonrp Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Mine came with Yokohama Bluearth tires.

5. Mike Mc

Mike Mc '16 Prius 4, '13 Prius 3

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I'm sure the Toyo's and Yoko's will be an upgrade over the GY-Integrity tires we had on the '06. The dealer we used back then replaced all 4 tires (2 times, 8 tires) for free if we had all the rotations done at the dealer, so we kept getting the Integrity.