1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Back-Dated Purchase Invoice on New Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Charles Suitt, Sep 19, 2006.

1. fshagan

fshagan Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I don't cheat on my taxes. I'll take whatever I can legally, and probably even leave some things on the table to avoid the trouble of triggering an audit, but like most here, I just don't think this is worth looking over your shoulder for the next few years.

We don't know what the reporting requirement will be yet, but I suspect it will be handled like a lot of our tax code, with "voluntary compliance." You could probably state you were eligible for the tax credit, and take it, and not have to send in any supporting paperwork.

I am surprised at the dealer suggesting such a thing. Of all the things the government can say to you, one of the worst is "Will the defendent please rise?"

2. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Sep 19 2006, 04:21 PM) [snapback]321929[/snapback]</div>
    5 to 10, with time off for good behavior. Just a guess. Texas still executes. But George "Fry 'em" Bush is no longer governor. You feeling lucky?

"Book him, Danno"

On the serious side, you might not get any tax break at all if you make enough to fall into the Alternate Minimum Tax scheme. (All Texans are filthy rich in oil, aren't they?)

3. Charles Suitt

Charles Suitt Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :unsure: Howdy Alnilam

...and THANKS for your cheerful, helpful response.

I suggest you read the entire thread before your get your "flame thrower" out.

4. Alnilam

Alnilam The One in the Middle

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Charles Suitt @ Sep 21 2006, 12:08 PM) [snapback]322982[/snapback]</div>
    I DID read the entire thread. My remarks were meant to contain a bit of humor. Guess you missed that! I just think it is rather bizarre for a person to ask, on a public forum, if he should break the law. And then give his real name and general location. (Assuming these are both accurate.) These two things were both mentioned by others. Why the thin skin with me?

No flame was sent. If you'd like I could show you the difference. The second paragraph of my response was totally neutral (except for the rich-Texan jab.) I don't expect to get any of my rebate due to the AMT. Maybe you don't know what that is. In that case you aren't a rich Texan and I sincerely regret implying you might be. It'd be doubly dumb to pursue your idea and then find out there was nothing coming back in the end.

If you are looking for straight, dry, yes-or-no answers, call your attorney or accountant. This isn't the place. Maybe it was the Bush comment. Can't help myself there. The man is a menace.