1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Back in the fold

Discussion in 'Prius v Accessories and Modifications' started by Jason Baldwin, May 16, 2014.

1. Jason Baldwin

Jason Baldwin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I foolishly traded my 2008 Prius Three for a 2012 Ford Fusion SEL a couple of years ago, but as of last night, I'm again in the family, with a new 2014 Prius v Three.

After my commute this morning, it's like I never left. I forgot how much I missed it, and was impressed how much better the 2014 is than the 2008 I traded in.

Anyway. 49mpg on the drive to work this morning, saving me literally a gallon of gas per day. Now, as a 6'3" man built like an offensive lineman, I'm looking for seat mods (new rails or otherwise) to make the legroom a little more tolerable. Any suggestions?

2. ETC(SS)

ETC(SS) The OTHER One Percenter.....

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a 5'8" guy built like an offensive Electronics Technician, so I'm probably not the best go-to person for seat mods.
    Good Luck with that and......
    Welcome Back!

3. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Tilt the seat back and drive without your left shoe....

4. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Jason Baldwin – Welcome back to the “Hybrid Hive.” I went from piloting the iconic GENII/2G sedan for a few years, which delivered Ultra-High, 130±% of EPA MPG-FE numbers to me, to being an early adopter of the Prius v(vee) “V”onder “V”agon. I have not looked back, have no regrets, and am very happy with the overall end-to-end performance of the Level Five v(vee) I am now piloting.

The Über Comfortable & Roomy v(vee), which I call a “Caddy In A Kimono,” is delivering me a lifetime fuel economy average of over 127±% of EPA MPG over the 2½ years I have owned her. I am lovin’ everything about the v(vee), and hope and pray the Marketing Geniuses (cough-cough) at Toyota do not decided it needs a larger displacement, thirstier gasoline-fired power plant.

My personal form factor is more Quarterback’ish, and not as challenging in the seating volume requirements and legroom department as is your doorway-filling, 6'3" Offensive Lineman “Meat Suit.” Therefore, the OEM Seat Placement, Seat Size & Adjustments of the v(vee) accommodate me very well, and comfortably. As far as “Fix Mods” to the Driver’s Seat go, I believe I have read posts and threads here on the PriusChat site from people who have modified the rails, etcetera to provide more legroom. Have Fun...

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to priuschat! try pm'ing member cycledrum. he is very tall and uncomfortable in his ten III prius and has done a lot of mods. all the best!(y)

6. bigrin

bigrin Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Jason, just read your post. Belated welcome back. Just picked up my Prius v (lowercase v for the Prius v wagon) three and could not be happier. Although I don't win many drag races.