1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Back to the Slammer Biatch!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Wildkow, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Winston

Winston Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TonyPSchaefer @ Jun 8 2007, 10:41 PM) [snapback]458541[/snapback]</div>
    Sorry, did not mean to offend. There are many different levels of ADHD. In addition, there are many different comorbid conditions that exist with various individuals.

My main point is that Money does not necessarily make your life easier.
    Mental illness does not help either.

I dont understand all of the hatred toward Paris.

She got let out of jail after three days. That is not her "fault". The Sherrif let her out. Blame him.

She was crying when she went back to jail. Well, clearly it is going to be worse for her to be in jail than under house arrest. Many normal people would cry under such circumstances.

Reveling in other peoples missfortune just makes you a pathetic person.

2. Wildkow

Wildkow New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 9 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]459036[/snapback]</div>
    Should we get rid of it then?

Wildkow

3. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 9 2007, 10:08 PM) [snapback]459036[/snapback]</div>
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildkow @ Jun 10 2007, 01:16 AM) [snapback]459079[/snapback]</div>
    Sure. :rolleyes:
    And since daniel hates the United States so much (he believes it is an illegal country because it was stolen land . . . which, by the way, doesn't that make him a hypocrite for living here and owing property? :eek: ), I say we send the following soon to be released and pardoned convicts to live in daniel's ill-gotten house:

Theodore "the Unabomber" Kaczynski.
    Richard "The Shoe Bomber" Reid.
    Ruben "Nite Owl" Castro, Mexican Mafia prison gang member. daniel could practice his Spanish translation skills.
    Omar "The Blind Sheik" Abdel-Rahman
    Douglas Taylor, leader of the 88 Skinheads
    Dwight York, black supremacist and founder of the United Nuwaubian Nation of Moors.
    and just to make things a little more interesting . . .
    Charles Manson and Paris Hilton.
    [​IMG]

Should make for one hunky-dory, Kumbaya, we love the world and our fellow man family. :rolleyes:

4. Beren

Beren Junior Member

If she weren't famous, she would not have gotten jail time. It's as simple as that.

Those who are gloating over her pain and distress disgust me. How many pounds of flesh do you want, and what did she ever do to you to deserve it, anyway? Get over your jealousy and get on with your own lives.

5. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sufferin' Prius Envy @ Jun 10 2007, 02:37 AM) [snapback]459087[/snapback]</div>
    This is dishonest and you know it, Patrick. I do not hate the United States. I only hate its criminal government. As for prisons, since most of the people in prison are there for being poor, not for hurting anyone, and since the criminal "justice" system is broken, we'd be better off without it.

However, I will concede the point that there are some people who belong in prison. Assuming we could invent a system that would imprison those (violent) people without imprisoning a hundred harmless people for every harmful one. Of course, the worst mass-murderers are never even charged with a crime (tobacco company executives, to name a class, and the people running our government, to name another) and that is the worst indictment of our insanely distorted notions of "justice."

But Paris Hilton would be welcome to come live with me. :)

6. Stev0

Stev0 Honorary Hong Kong Cavalier

Vehicle:
    2022 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beren @ Jun 10 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]459123[/snapback]</div>
    Au contraire, if she weren't famous, she would have gotten a lot more jail time (assuming she still acted like she acted). Judges tend to lay it on thick for people who do things like show up late for court, etc.

7. PA

PA Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 8 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]458492[/snapback]</div>
    EXACTLY. Especially Number 1. And she was only sentenced after violating her parole - twice. Forget reality TV. This is reality. Not something she's used to, obviously.

8. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Beren @ Jun 10 2007, 08:52 AM) [snapback]459123[/snapback]</div>
    If she had not been famous she would have gotten her original 3 month sentence for the DUI (which would NOT have been reduced to a lesser charge) upon the first violation, not the second. Instead she got two tries and failed both of them, plus got 45 days instead of 90 days. She got off light compared to the common peasants.

(corrected as per EricGo's correction below)

9. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 10 2007, 10:59 AM) [snapback]459206[/snapback]</div>
    Wrong.

First of all, other defendants with a similar low blood alcohol level and who are represented by lawyers who specialize in DUI defense would have gotten the charge reduced to a dry (non alcohol related) Reckless Driving.

Secondly, neither DUI nor wet reckless carry sentences anywhere nearly as long as 30 months. The maximum punishment for a first time DUI is six months (California Vehicle Code Section 23536). The maximum jail sentence for Reckless Driving is 90 days (California Vehicle Code Section 23103).

A probation violation cannot be punished by a sentence longer than the underlying offense carries. With few isolated exceptions, all defendants in these types of cases are routinely placed on probation.

10. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I have to correct an earlier post, in which I said PH had a 30 month suspended sentence. It was 3 months.

IsrAmeriPrius, what is usual punishment in CA for driving with a suspended license, when the suspension was due to reckless driving ?

11. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I have to correct an earlier post, in which I said PH had a 30 month suspended sentence. It was 3 months.

IsrAmeriPrius, what is usual punishment in CA for driving with a suspended license, when the suspension was due to reckless driving with additional recent probation violations for the same offense ?

12. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Jun 10 2007, 07:57 PM) [snapback]459352[/snapback]</div>
    So that means the 3 months she got was within the norm. Now what would happen if someone with that had been caught the first time driving with their license suspended? Would they then get their original 90 days? She didn't. And what would happen if they were caught the second time? Would they THEN get their original 90 days? Well, she didn't...again. Her original 90 day (3 month) sentence is now half or 45 days.

Gee, in that case it sure pays to ignore the terms of your probation and get caught violating them...TWICE. Seems like that's an easy way to get your original sentence cut in HALF.

Sorry, but I still don't buy the persecution whine. She's getting off lighter than anyone else without money and influence would have.

13. jimmyrose

jimmyrose Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daniel @ Jun 10 2007, 10:19 AM) [snapback]459130[/snapback]</div>
    Well, I just lost a little bit of respect for you. :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boulder Bum @ Jun 9 2007, 06:56 PM) [snapback]458861[/snapback]</div>
    The only problem with this (and I realize your statement is in jest): why should Paris be spanked for not being disciplined? I think the parents are the culpable ones here; in this respect (and only this respect, imo), she's more the victim.

14. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco @ Jun 8 2007, 11:39 PM) [snapback]458492[/snapback]</div>
    Not to mention shes a bad business owner to boot, we had club paris in orlando, she would never make her scheduled appearances and the club folded..

Shes been seen drinking heavly in clubs, shes on meds too???? :blink: no wonder shes popular for being able to pin her legs behind her head.. (very bad to mix meds and alcohol) ;)

15. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZenCruiser @ Jun 10 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]459429[/snapback]</div>
    What can I say? I'm lonely and desperate. I'd rather have Catherine Zeta-Jones or the redheaded grocery checker at the supermarket, but I'd settle for Paris. Desperation does that to you.

16. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I heard a lawyer talking about this on MSNBC today (this story has been on the news FAR too much now), and apparently in California it is the usual practice for offenses such as this to only make the offender serve about 10% of the actual sentence. I have never before heard this. So by that standard she would only have to be confined for 4 or 5 days. I certainly don't think she should get off any easier than anyone else, but nor should she serve longer time than anyone else just to be made an example.

17. zapranoth

zapranoth New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZenCruiser @ Jun 10 2007, 07:53 PM) [snapback]459429[/snapback]</div>
    Heh heh. Heh heh. Heh heh.

He said "spanked."

Heh. Heh. H-h-h-heh.

18. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I heard on the news Paris has decided to turn over a new leaf and become a better person! :blink:
    When she gets out of jail she will become a changed woman..

I'll believe it when I see it, like GW.... B)

19. larkinmj

larkinmj New Member

I heard on the news yesterday that Paris avoided going to the bathroom for several days because she was afraid that someone would take a picture of her with a cellphone camera. As if every part of her hasn't already been displayed on the internet. My first thought was- people are allowed to have cellphone cameras in jail?

20. IsrAmeriPrius

IsrAmeriPrius Progressive Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(EricGo @ Jun 10 2007, 05:57 PM) [snapback]459352[/snapback]</div>
    The standard punishment is five to ten days for a first offense and twenty to thirty days for a second violation. Normally the harsher punishment is imposed only after a defendant had already been violated once before and served out his or her sentence for the first violation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Godiva @ Jun 10 2007, 07:29 PM) [snapback]459417[/snapback]</div>
    It is within the range of punishment prescribed by the code section, but far from being within the norm. The longer sentences are generally imposed when probation is denied or the defendant refuses a probationary sentence.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(larkinmj @ Jun 11 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]459926[/snapback]</div>
    Due to jail overcrowding and a federal court consent decree handed down to regulate jail conditions, that practice is common in the Los Angeles County Jail, as opposed to the entire State of California, and only for offenders who were convicted of non-violent misdemeanor offenses.