1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Back Up Camera Installation - Need Help Please -

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Gabriel Maia, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Gabriel Maia

Gabriel Maia New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    Hey guys, i have a 2013 prius C One and i am having a hard time installing the back up camera.

i bought the cd Player 100023, which is from the same year and model prius, but a higher mode, Prius Three.

the radio works perfectly. all connectors match perfectly.

now to the problem. i bought the 16 pin plug for the rear view camera, connected it, got the 12v power for the rear view camera from the taillight reverse bulb, and also got the reverse signal to the radio from the 3D connector located behind the driver knee panel.
    from what i have googled, everything seems to be connected properly; however, camera still not pop on when i put car in reverse. do you guys have any idea on what i am doing wrong

i have attached five images to make it easier for you guys to see how I connected everything.

Attached Files:

2. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    So you're adding the 16-pin plug that your car did not have because your car came with the lower end radio system with the smaller plugs is this kind of correct?

Gabriel Maia likes this.
  3. Gabriel Maia

Gabriel Maia New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    correct !

4. Tombukt2

Tombukt2 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    That's interesting I don't know if that's ever worked I've considered that on a couple other Toyota's trying to upgrade from the base to the JBL not in Prius other Toyota's and basically I've never gotten it to work but I haven't spent a lot of time with it either I know some audio shops that spend all their time and they could probably make this work I just didn't care that much this was audio systems not nav and Bluetooth a little bit before that but Toyota still had the 16 pin and the littler plugs on the radios back then but I can't imagine pinouts would carry over or anything but I could be wrong no question about it.

Gabriel Maia likes this.
  5. Gabriel Maia

Gabriel Maia New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    One
    absolutely tho, thanks for your time. as i said, the upgrade of the radio worked fine. everything plugged and played. bluetooth, radio controls, steering wheel controls. everything is fine, but when i try to install the rear view camera (as shown on a few how to's) i cant get my camera to work, so idk...