1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

back up camera stops working an hour after getting a new key fob programmed, why?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Cheryl Root, May 16, 2019.

1. Cheryl Root

Cheryl Root Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Today I followed someones recommendation to go to boulder Hybrid. After getting my new Key fob spare made because I lost my original. Much cheaper than the dealership. My camera all the sudden stops working. Very strange can anyone tell me if this has happened to them? Also my car is hesitating to go when I step on the gas. Any feed back would be appreciated.

2. Pluggo

Pluggo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    This is a tough one. Both problems seem like they should be unrelated to the key, but never say "never." Is it possible when they accessed the car's programming they lost a few settings? It wouldn't hurt to ask them about their methodology. Chances are fair that they know just what to look for in their procedure. I am hoping you will get a few more definitive replies here. Meanwhile, pls keep us posted for any developments.