1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup camera add

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by Recian, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Recian

Recian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    TheeWood likes this.
  2. vendingtech

vendingtech Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Amazon links never post for me. Search exactly this on Amazon

PYvideo Rear Backup Camera Kit 2012 Prius

This is the one I installed in my 2012 but I also upgrade from the stock touch radio you have to the factory nav unit. (Next model number up. Has nav which I could care less about but does have satellite radio and hd radio. Installing the necessary antennas were simple and I did not use factory on those. I'd you decide to go that route let me know and I'll pass on my tricks.) Ran cable from front to back. The hardest part was getting through the wire harness between the cab and rear hatch. Second hardest part was getting the gasket looking normal again when removing that back plastic piece below glass with Toyota logo on it. Otherwise that kit was plug and play.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

3. vendingtech

vendingtech Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
    What I will tell you is mine does not have those lines. I do however have a nice view of my rear bumper and know if I'm close to tapping anything. You get to know your distance pretty fast. 1527355502.jpeg

4. tannerpace

tannerpace Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Looks like the same camera I have. The lines are optional. It just depends how you wire it. I can't remember exactly but it was in the directions for mine at least.