1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup camera grid lines (kind of)

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by fanplant, Aug 5, 2017.

1. fanplant

fanplant Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I was saddened my gen III 2014 Prius with trim level 5 and advanced technology package didn't come with guidelines in the reverse camera image. I came up with a poor mans way to add them. I know they may be a bit silly but nothing is permanent so I can always remove them. I used 2 stickers on the rear bumper that line up with the curb so I know where the edge of the car will be. I also used a little piece of post-it on the display and while it may be the equivalent to using white out on a computer monitor it works pretty well.

Attached Files:

2. afob3

afob3 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    That works I guess. I've always just lined up the bottom right corner of the display on the curb or painted line. This generally gets me centered up perfectly in most spaces.

fanplant likes this.
  3. fanplant

fanplant Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I was reading another thread about the camera and someone mentioned using a 20 buck camera from China connected to the stock radio having lines. Does anyone know if a replacement camera perfect fit exist ?