1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup camera install help

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by wesayso, Feb 20, 2014.

1. wesayso

wesayso Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I just installed a Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS. Where is a good place to install a BU camera, and what is the best way to route the wiring to the head unit? I've dug thru searched posts, and cannot find what I need.

2. our1vue

our1vue Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    I don't know what the 2011 looks like, but the 2012 has a D shaped cutout in the rear hatch made for the camera. If you look to the left of the license plate lights under the overhang, you should see a black piece of plastic covering the hole. There are a lot of cameras that just snap into that hole (once you remove the plastic cover). In the "Audio and Electronics" section, there are threads about installing a backup camera in a 2012 prius. They also show how to run a wire from the back hatch to the driver's kickpanel. From there, you are on your own :). But from there it is only 3 more feet to the back of the radio and you are behind/under the dash, so it shouldn't be too hard to route the wire from there.

3. kehyler

kehyler Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you ever instal your camera?