1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup camera issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Writetime, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Writetime

Writetime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    folks,

First time posting. I just bought an 07 Prius, and I’m enjoying it a lot. After having it for three days, the backup camera has stopped working properly. It still is sending an image to the screen, however, the image is very dark and seems to be scrolling or rotating with lines. The camera is clean on the back door. Any ideas what I can do to troubleshoot this myself?

Also, the previous owner apparently backed in to a trailer hitch putting a hole in the rear number cover. It is. Urgently covered with not very attractive gold duct tape! I think the hole is large enough to be beyond repair. I’ve seen painted to your car color replaceable bumper covers on eBay and Amazon. Has anyone here ever used one? If so, what are your thoughts on the quality and color match? I’ve watched some YouTube videos that make removal and installation appear doable, even by a novice.

Thanks,

Brian

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!

i think the scrolling might be a bad mfd, but not sure. try googling and see if anything comes up.

all the best!(y)

Writetime likes this.
  3. Writetime

Writetime Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    As luck would have it, the camera is working today. I wonder if yesterday’s heat and humidity was a factor? Let’s see if it keeps working.