1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Backup camera steering wheel guidelines??

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by Babiebuggie, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Babiebuggie

Babiebuggie New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    ----USA----
    the rav 4 and other toyotas have the steering wheel guidelines on the backup camera but not get Prime. My dealer said they have this features on some Toyota models but not all and they can't just add it.
    Anyone figure out how to add this or is my dealer right??? It's driving me nuts.

2. Lee Jay

Lee Jay Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    You mean the guide lines that turn with the steering wheel? You'd have to modify the internal software, which is probably not possible without that source code.

I've always found those curving lines to be pretty useless for backing up anyway.

3. Cave Arnold

Cave Arnold Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    I have the fixed color guidelines on my Prime Advanced, I believe the other Prime trim levels have the same. My wifes Accord has the lines that move with the steering wheel. I enjoy the Primes lines with some guide to distance as the PiP only had a single rectangular guide to align the sides of the vehicle, nothing to allow a gauge of remaining depth. I appreciate that there is now color also, the red line for visual warning cue and a vertical centerline guage.

IMG_2618.JPG