1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

backup camera

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by jtdaman, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It was available in the US without navigation. It's also available now in Canada without navigation (built in screen in the rear view mirror). Ours used to be packaged with the nav.

2. shankyyy

shankyyy Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    actually, i meant to say, the objects appear farther in the camera than they actually are. anyway, i thought so it may be due to the wide angle lens. i guess, have to get used to this, just like judging cars seen on the side mirrors.

3. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    well one thing i found easy is bumper clearance. if you look at the view, its basically a top down look at the rear edge of the back bumper. if you wanted to, you could easily park with any distance you wanted.

very nice. but the camera has helped me in not running people down. there has been a few times that people emerged from nowhere that i did not see even with looking

4. User37

User37 Can spell PRIUS

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mine (a European Prius) with Nav has colored lines telling me the distance to "target".
    IIRC the Backup camera without the Nav did not have this lines, at least I cannot remember seeing them

5. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    The 2010 camera is packaged with the NAV. The camera may be a bit better than the Gen2. Haven't got the parking programs to work well enough to use (yet).