1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad Combination Meter, but I can't find out my milage

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by DoubleGreatRock, Jan 23, 2022.

1. DoubleGreatRock

DoubleGreatRock New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    After doing a lot of research, I am confident that my issue with my Prius is the combination meter. The only problem is, I'm not able to see my HUD and therefor I'm unable to find my exact milage. I remember it within a few thousand, but not exactly. Is there a way to find out my milage without using the HUD? What happens if I don't get it exactly right? Will there be some sync error with the hardware or something similar?

2. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat!!

You will be fine, just pick a mileage that works for you.

It doesn't sound like you'll be tackling this as a DIY fix-it project, did you plan on ordering from : Prius Speedometer Replacement ?

FYI : you're moderated until you've posted 5 times.

3. DoubleGreatRock

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Thanks! The people that you linked too are far more expensive than the competition though. I've found a reputable source for $50 instead.

SFO likes this.
  4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    If allowed, please share the source in this thread.

If doing the installation yourself, you might take pics and share the process, or just offer some pointers learned along the way.

Good luck!!

5. DoubleGreatRock

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    I'm not on my computer at the moment, but they are just one eBay search away. There are easily 4 or 5 stores with cheaper prices.

I don't think I'll be sharing anything though about the process, there isn't anything new I can add to the collective.

SFO likes this.