1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad CV joint and squeaky in Park.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by Scaurex, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Scaurex

Scaurex Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have recently developed a "click" in my drivers side front wheel. When driving with the wheels straight ahead, it's quiet. When i turn the wheel to the right i get a steady metallic click-click-click. I've had the car since new (1.5 years) and it's coming up on 24000km.

I also have a problem when I park the car, only happens when the car is warm/recently driven. When i put it in park/turn it off and get out, it squeaks like crazy from the front wheels (or maybe the engine mount) as the car moves back and forth. After the car has cooled off (next morning) if i rock it before getting in, it's quiet.

Last service they did some brake bleeding and re-flashed the computer ( i had an issue of very soft brakes and poor stopping power)

Anyone else had something similar? Or a brake problem?

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I have not had that problem, if I did I would take it in and have them check it again. Prius brakes do have a different feel to them than non-hybrid car brakes but after 24K kilometers I assume you would be used to that. The noises are not normal.