1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad decision.

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Bendial80, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Somechic

Somechic Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(donee @ Aug 2 2007, 07:50 PM) [snapback]489656[/snapback]</div>
    Day of the month for females?!?
    Be careful, your ignorance is showing.

2. doubleg2005

doubleg2005 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Somechic @ Aug 3 2007, 08:58 AM) [snapback]489903[/snapback]</div>
    Geez, I only wish (for my fiancee's sake) it was one day... I get tired of this 5 days of crying business...

:p

3. JimboK

JimboK One owner, low mileage

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hah! You need a post-menopausal fiancee like mine!! :D

4. JHSmith

JHSmith 2020 Avalon Hybrid Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bendial @ Jul 30 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]487684[/snapback]</div>
    I deleted the portion of the post that I wasn't responding to.

As for the comfort -- Last year when I was looking for a new car, on a lark, I test drove the Prius -- I had never seen one before (yeah, in this area of the woods, I lead a pretty sheltered life ;) )

The first test drive didn't show any major faults and I was impressed with the car. A week later, I took a bit longer drive (about 30 minutes) so I could check out expressway speed acceleration, handling, etc. During this drive, I noticed that the seat was starting to get uncomfortable :( . I got back and mentioned it because quite often I take long trips and this was a deal-breaker for me. :angry:

OFF-SHOOT -- After learning he would lose a sale, the salesman told me about the Camry Hybrid. After two test drives, I was sold. :)

I agree with most of the other posters -- If the car isn't for you, get rid of it and find one that works, BUT this time, either rent the car for a couple of days OR take a LONG test drive.

IMHO, keeping the car and living with discomfort makes as much sense as buying ill-fitting clothes (say shoes) that are too small and learning to live with having your toes scrunched all up.

5. JHSmith

JHSmith 2020 Avalon Hybrid Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Danny Hamilton @ Jul 31 2007, 12:01 PM) [snapback]488079[/snapback]</div>

Continuing with replies others have posted.

Granted, I have a Camry Hybrid, but in my Owners Manual, there is a yellow caution box that reads "To help maintain maximum conbtrol of your vehicle, do not use the cruise control when driving in heavy or varying traffic, or on slippery (rainy, icy or snow-covered) or winding roads.".

I would be very surprised if the Prius manual doesn't have the same warning.

On all my cars I've had that had Cruise Control, they have had about the same caveat. And, like several others, I've found out the hard (or slippery B) ) way that the warning is well worth taking to heart.

6. DaveOrgans

DaveOrgans New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bendial @ Jul 30 2007, 07:46 PM) [snapback]487684[/snapback]</div>
    I am 6' 375 Lbs. I had trouble fitting into the front seat of the stock Prius, but I found a local busines that modifies cars for basketball players and handicapped persons. They added 3" more rear travel to the front seat and it only cost me $150.00. You might investigate the same kind of businesses in your area.

D.H.