1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad Experience at West Ashley Toyota SC

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Madcat647, Jun 1, 2004.

1. bensobob

bensobob New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Could you be more specific? I am sure at your work place someone might have said or done something you do not approve of, even just in public. If you can ellaborate I promise I will get to the bottom of it. We have what is called "Customer Satisfaction Index" this measures our customers experiences, since I have been here we have been above the region and top 15% in the country so we are doing something right, I just know that numbers don't lie, I would like to speak to you on this matter, please contact me personally at 843.556.9110.
    All the best,
    BOB BENSON

2. bensobob

bensobob New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    No problem, we sell the units at MSRP, we will negotiate depending on availability of course. We have come to realize our marketing is a bit broken in the auto industry, we don't know why you would buy from us, we just scream liquidation, repo, blah, blah blah! In an effort to identify our dealership as "different", we took away the DOC fee, it was a negative and we feel it upsets customers. Second we added the VIP program, this gives you the following:
    1. VIP Customer Rewards Card, this matches points for dollars spent in parts and service, you can redeem the points to purchase items in service or use to purchase a new car, plus it gives you a 10% discount on all service and parts!
    2. Lifetime powertrain coverage!
    3. 24hr Roadside assistance and towing
    4. Dent and Ding Coverage
    5. Tire and wheel Road Hazard Coverage
    6. Interior environmental coverage
    7. Exterior environmental coverage
    We provide this all for $1,495. Of course if you don't want it, we don't force it down your throat, it is benefits that have value. We are attempting to keep our customers coming back and offering a reward for doing business with us rather than Jiffy Lube, it is meeting with great success, our customers love it.

Welcome to PriusChat.

I commend you for coming here to lay to rest any residual resentments or
    ill will remaining from an incident some four years ago.

Things have changed a lot since then, especially in the last few months.
    From all reports, today its a buyer's market. I guess you could say the shoe
    is on the other foot.

To clearly demonstrate your renewed committment to customer
    education,and presumably satisfaction, would you state clearly what your
    dealership policy is now as to pricing relative to MSRP?[/quote]

3. bensobob

bensobob New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    The sales person that sold you that car knew he was not coming back the next day. Also, he sold you a car that had not been through our service department, he tricked everyone and I have no way of knowing when any associate might be leaving, this is why we ask if you were promised anything verbally, just to avoid this. I was appalled and I am the one who authorized the rentals, the parts, the service and I personally got involved to ensure they fixed everything, the manager that worked the deal never agreed to fix anything, he was unaware that we were fixing anything, the next day the car was not touched cause no one knew anything about it, we just knew it was sold. We ordered parts that were on back order, yes it was a never ending nightmare that I wished I could simply take back. FACT: The sales person just did not care and left the mess to us. Unfortunately while your car was here you apparently had your sub woofer and amp stolen, as you know this is what insurance is for. However, I absorbed the cost and reimbursed you retail for the items, and paid for installation. I could have called the cops, had an incident report done and waited for nine months for the insurance company to reimburse, which they would have paid it minus depreciation.
    I recently sent your father a personally hand written apology to the entire family, I hope you got a copy. If I would have known you were in the dealership I would have came and apologized. However, I have been speaking with your father throughout this entire fiasco, and as I understood it this is the way you wanted it since you never contacted me. I apologized many times to your father and if you had been the liason I would have apologized to you.
    All the best,
    BOB BENSON
    Must be nice to get an apology from Bob Benson. I got my sub and amp stolen while my car was being serviced there and to this day haven't gotten an apology. They did finally reimburse me after bugging them about it enough, but an apology would have definitely been nice too. I think it is hilarious that they are going from site to site pretending that their new management is any better than their old and claiming that they have such great customer satisfaction. I don't have a Prius, but just wanted to let everyone know that things haven't changed as much as they want you to think they have and to be very careful if you decide to try and do business with West Ashley Toyota.

I bought my scion last September and it took them until December to finish certifying it. Their salesman John was very rude and pushy. He lied to me numerous times about paperwork and about my car being serviced there. The first thing he said to me after I bought my car was, "It is about time, that was like the damn Olympics." Bob Benson had someone else give me the check for my stolen items. He never once called me to apologize for my stolen items or all of the bad experiences I had there. He didn't even apologized when he saw me at West Ashley Toyota. The most disturbing thing about this situation is that my father was told by Bob Benson that they were under the impression that I was picking up my car each night, which I wasn't. They didn't even know where my car was! I had to bring my car in 5 times because they didn't service it correctly and even their PR person named Heather never returned our calls about the stolen items. She ignored us and the problems she was so concerned about helping us with after that incident.

I never got a survey about my purchase and experiences at West Ashley Toyota, which I found very surprising because I thought Toyota was all about customer satisfaction and always sent them out. It makes me wonder if that is why West Ashley Toyota's customer satisfaction rates are so high (so they claim)... maybe they just don't send surveys to unsatisfied customers.[/quote]

4. xsmatt81

xsmatt81 non-AARP Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    the scene from Network (76) comes to mind over this whole post. I had a crappy experience 5 years ago when I purchased a Hyundai from a bunch of thugs at Planet hyundai, not quite this bad..but the experience left a poor taste in my mouth for that dealer..not Hyundai though.

heh Network
    I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take this anymore