1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad HV Battery, Recently Replaced 12V, Now, not even starting...

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Kay-Kay, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Kay-Kay

Kay-Kay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, I now understand. The B2799 is for the immobilizer.. thanks for the heads up on that.
    On the HV, yea, its certain, I need a new one but had been searching around trying to see where I could get the best deal on a new HV battery.
    (wouldn't want to go for a reman. or repaired/salvaged battery option as it would be a big deal having to ship back to the US for repairs should it develop a problem soon. So, I could simply spend the extra cost now and get a new one- unless, maybe someone out here could provide a better /alternate way of approaching this.

2. Kay-Kay

Kay-Kay Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Grumpy, I honestly wouldn't know how long it stayed at all these places:D
    However, from the papers, I think it was close to a year from the time it left the US (to the dealership-waiting to be sold) and when we got to buy it. Hmm.. I wish we had a foresight of these these.
    On jump starting, from the day it finally stopped starting, it has actually not been started again. As I did mention in the first post, when it started showing these fault lights and codes, we took it to a toyota shop where the initial codes were pulled and I was told 'twas all because of a failing battery so we had to first of all replace the 12v battery. However, about 3-4 days after leaving that workshop, the car finally failed to start any more. And though the 12v arrived and got replaced, it still has not made it to start. Hope that clarifies...

GrumpyCabbie likes this.
  3. Patrick Wong

Patrick Wong DIY Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    DTC B2799:
    "These DTCs are detected when: 1) the wire harness between the transponder key ECU and hybrid vehicle control ECU is open or short circuited, 2) the ECU communication IDs of the hybrid vehicle control ECU and transponder key ECU are different, 3) the start (ON (READY)) signal is delayed, or 4) the key codes are unmatched.

Before troubleshooting for this DTC, make sure no transponder key ECU DTCs are present. If present, troubleshoot the transponder key ECU DTCs or hybrid vehicle control ECU DTCs first."

Kay-Kay likes this.