1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad smell through Aircon of Prius 2007

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by sanlen, Nov 19, 2018.

1. sanlen

sanlen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II

I recently experience of getting bad smell through the aircon every time I drive my 2007 Prius pass the environment where there is bad smell.

I had never had this kind of experience before.

Can anyone please advise what are the possible problem and how to get this fixed?

Regards,

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    replace cabin air filter to start... It's super easy... New filter that has charcoal is better than paper filter without. Once you're done with that, let us know and we can go into getting rid of more expensive smells.

3. Usle

Usle Active Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    My 06’ had a washable cabin filter, just take it out wash it with soapy water and put it back in, chances are when you look you will find a dead mouse on it, and a lot of dirt so have a vacume ready, checking, cleaning it a couple times a year is a good idea.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    dealer or auto parts store has a/c spray cleaner to kill mold inside the system.

try shutting down a/c a few minutes before reaching your destinations as a standard practice in the future