1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bad Tire Sensor

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by LvxMagick, Oct 25, 2017.

1. LvxMagick

LvxMagick New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi I have a 2010 Prius I have the low tire pressure light flashing on & off, I pushed the tire button located under the wheel & followed the directions.. The switch didn't do anything when I pushed it.. how do I find out whats wrong with the tire pressure sensors or the tire switch?

I filled up the tires I think one or two tires might be 1lb of pressure under if that makes a difference, I don't know the measurement threshold for the sensors..

How do I fix it?
    The blinking light bugs me lol..

2. Mark57

Mark57 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    I won't assume anything here so just to be through. make sure all of your tires are inflated to something above 30 and below 40 PSI. They need to be within one or two PSI of each other. Start the vehicle and wait 5 minutes. If it's still blinking after 5 minutes, press the tire pressure reset button under the steering wheel and hold it in until the TPMS warning light stops flashing. If it does stop flashing you should be OK. If it comes back on, you may have a TPMS battery that's at end of life. They are lithium batteries that have a 7 - 10 yr life inside each wheel on the TPMS module.

PS, I just used those PSI number above to test with in this example.

RCO and WilDavis like this.