1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Barack Obama wants to use our tax dollars to help fund the us automakers

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by priussoris, May 8, 2007.

1. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MegansPrius @ May 9 2007, 10:50 AM) [snapback]438269[/snapback]</div>
    Walmart is in favor of health coverage as long as they aren't paying for it. I've heard (and believe) they offer coverage as long as the employee picks up the whole tab. Then they help the employees complete the state forms for public assistance. I seem to remember that Maryland was peeved that Walmart employees qualify for public assistance.

Let's put everyone on Medicare and start paying the tab with the money currently going for foreign aid and overseas adventures.

2. EricGo

EricGo New Member

I'm dissappointed that Obama is sending money Detroit's way also, but it could be a lot worse.

We could have more republican diversion of the money to the oil companies. At least this way we will end up with a more efficient auto fleet.

3. boulder_bum

boulder_bum Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Granted, GM is a horribly run short-sighted company who really should go out of business, but I actually think Obama's proposal is pretty shrewd.

GM keeps trying to cut the benefits they promised retirees because they're struggling to stay afloat and they didn't save enough to pay for the costs. Obama's proposal does three things: first it makes sure GM's retirees are taken care of, second it helps take the pressure off one of the nation's larger employers to close their factories, and third it forces GM to get their act together by investing at least half of the tax savings on the development of fuel efficient cars/hybrids.

If you're going to bail out a company, Obama shows the right way to do it.

4. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priussoris @ May 8 2007, 07:33 PM) [snapback]437871[/snapback]</div>
    But there are those who will over look this and still vote him in.... :rolleyes:

5. priussoris

priussoris New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hycamguy07 @ Jun 26 2007, 09:59 AM) [snapback]468299[/snapback]</div>
    That I am sure is true, but around here he has lost a few, as in the 2004 election anything can happen if you know the right people or relatives
    I GUESS

6. daronspicher

daronspicher Active Member

The 2008 election cycle should be interesting.

Will the democrat candidate carry the election? Or will the democrate candidate Kerry the election? :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. hycamguy07

hycamguy07 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(daronspicher @ Jun 26 2007, 12:36 PM) [snapback]468332[/snapback]</div>
    :mellow: :huh: :lol: :lol: :lol: