1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Barcelona Red #4 w/grey int. in NW Ohio

Discussion in 'Order Tracking' started by bgdrewsif, Mar 16, 2006.

1. ml86

ml86 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ Apr 15 2006, 08:02 PM) [snapback]240324[/snapback]</div>
    I appreciate your response tremendously, especially since you have personal contact with the war. My brother is retired Navy. He seems OK with my sentiments, but I think my sister-in-law struggles. I am concerned on a personal level for the soldiers, but I am also concerned that the rich get richer and the rest of us die young to keep them that way. I have nephews of draft/military age and am very protective, they seem so naive.

2. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max Smart @ Apr 16 2006, 02:58 AM) [snapback]240446[/snapback]</div>
    Nice car BTW....the red color really is impressive....

I just posted this a few moments ago somewhere else on this forum, but I heard on Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) a few weeks ago that the number of billionaires has doubled since 2000! Haven't fact checked it yet but assuming that Bill Maher did... But if that is true, you are right. The rich are richer and there are more of them. The wealth has been re-distributed. Taken away from the people and for important things like roads, hospitals, schools, and yes, the military, and now in the pockets and banks and corporations.

And you may be saying that the miltary budget is higher this year than last and that is correct. But it's ALL for the war in Iraq. I'm stationed with the Air Force in Missouri and our budget gets cut each year or stays the same from year to year. We are short staffed and stretching the budget at all costs. Do more with less is the common mantra. The people who are getting rich in the military are the military contractors like, yes, Haliburton, KBR, etc... Darn shame. The men and women in the Armed Forces are doing a heck of a job with little resources. I see it first hand. We love our country above all things. Why else would we stay in? We could make more money with less hastle in the civilian sector. I hope this war ends soon......

3. ml86

ml86 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ Apr 16 2006, 07:33 PM) [snapback]240633[/snapback]</div>

It sounds as if the military is like the rest of business these days. If you work for a living you need to produce more, and get less, healthcare for example, for your efforts. Meanwhile, record profits are given to the shareholders (of which I am one in some companies). I personally have no issue about the recent immigration debate, except when they say Americans won't take the jobs. Americans will take the work, but pay a living wage. It can be done if costs cutting started at the top, not the bottom. Americans aren't afraid of hard work.

And most of all indeed let this crazy war be over soon.

4. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Max Smart @ Apr 18 2006, 12:34 AM) [snapback]241361[/snapback]</div>
    I totally agree! Yesterday it was reported that the Exxon CEO was retiring with a 400 million retirement package. 400 million. How much is enough? CEO's are pulling in record salaries while their companies are tanking. It's just wrong. What Exxon should be doing with this money is researching new energy sources. Oil is finite and will be gone someday. Exxon might tank also if they don't look towards the future.

5. ml86

ml86 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(eyeguy13 @ Apr 18 2006, 08:22 AM) [snapback]241418[/snapback]</div>
    Yep. I was wondering...do they make any of these Prius' in America? I'm thinking, buy a Toyota made in America and you support the American worker, without supporting a company and management that can't design and manufacture a decent product. I say this knowing many an american "worker" probably has a completely different social/political agenda than mine.

6. bgdrewsif

bgdrewsif New Member

Phoenix, Arizona (formerly Bowling Green, Ohio)
    Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Umm.. I hate to sound pushy or self-absorbed, but this topic was supposed to be about my car buying experience and my car... Not the Iraq war, illegal immigration, corporate crrmes, etc... Thanks...

7. eyeguy13

eyeguy13 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bgdrewsif @ Apr 20 2006, 12:32 AM) [snapback]242521[/snapback]</div>
    yea sorry...the thread just headed in that direction...to make it up to you, when my car comes in in the next week, please feel free to take my car buying experience off in another direction if you want...I won't mind. I just ask one thing...make it related to this stupid war, the President fouling up the country, something about Jack Abramoff would be nice, or bring it home with Global Warming.

Sorry again...nice car BTW! Congrats!

8. ml86

ml86 New Member

Well I can appreciate that. This is a fun car and it is fun to share about it on that basis alone. Nothing wrong with that. You own a Prius, we have something in common. But I hope you understand that what you see as a tangent (ie: broader political matters) is for me a core experience and reason for buying a Prius. That the car is fun AND says something about my values makes ownership especially gratifying, and I want to share the full experience. When I reply to your posts specifically I can try to go lighter on the politics, but that aspect will still be there when I respond to others who have responded to you (if they show interest in politics).

How do you feel about Texas Hold 'Em? I managed to average something like 55 mpg driving to the game tonight. That was cool. Had me grounded and ready to play.