1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bartlett Corporation Leather on Ebay - $150!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by sl7vk, Apr 24, 2009.

1. tredstone

tredstone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just finished the lower backseat. I had to redo part of it because there were a lot of wrinkles initially, but now it looks pretty good. :)

2. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've checked periodically, and I haven't seen it listed on eBay in weeks. I think Bartlett Corp. is truly out of business. That $250 price you see is an old cached ad.

The closest thing you see advertised is a different but nice looking set for $399 or $450. I offered the $450 vendor $165, and he turned me down.

If I get leather I'm probably going to end up getting it from the shop that installed my sunroof a few days ago:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The shop does nice work and offered to install Katzkins or Roadwire leather covers on my Prius for $995 complete, which is cheap for Katzkins and Roadwire.

3. Boo

Boo Boola Boola Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congrats. We're all rooting for you. Would love to see pics when you're finished.

1 person likes this.
  4. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I finished doing that small area between the rear seats and the door. I'll take pics and post them.

Removing them is the easy part as each was only held by a screw. Once they were out, there were about 6-8 places (less on the battery vent side) held by melting the plastic (gluing two layers together). I used a small flat head screw driver around the circle (to break the connections) and pulled apart for the top layer to pop out. What a tedious work but I got it done.

I also went to Staples and got a can of 3M glue spray. Paid $16 for a huge can and that's the only size they had. Gluing without winkles at the edges is very tricky.

A piece of advice: Have a box cutter knife with you. Before spraying glue, try to fold it in (as practice). Cut the extra area when it would fold. Study the fabric piece that came out. Bartlett does not cut those small area for you. You'll have to do it yourself so there are no winkles at the edges/corners.

5. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I now understand what you were talking about. Yea, that part was a b*tch. I have some winkle but it is not noticeable because the seat hides it.

6. PriusLewis

PriusLewis Management Scientist

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'd settle for a wrinkle - I ended up with a very small cut showing in the upper corner on the non-vent side (that should have been tucked in, but I guess I got carried away with the trimming). It is only visible when the seat is down. I plan to pick up one of those leather/vinyl patching kits (basically colored silicone) and cover the spot. Otherwise, glad to hear you got it done! I'm enjoying mine a lot! What a bargain!

7. PriusLewis

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That sunroof is AWSOME! Truely factory looking. Wish I had the bucks, but wheels are probably next.

8. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Here are the pics as promised. The imprints are from the seat belt clip.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• b.jpg
      b.jpg
      File size:
      38.8 KB
      Views:
    • c.jpg
      c.jpg
      File size:
      46.3 KB
      Views:
  9. PriusLewis

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Definitely a better job on the top of the left one than I did on mine. GOOD JOB! :hail:

10. tredstone

tredstone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I know I'm 3-4 weeks behind everyone else, but...

God I hate those black plastic clips...

11. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Keep going... at least you are not fixing/repairing the car.. Prius is so reliable that we have time for improvement projects.

BTW, don't forget to put in those one side sticker board before putting the black plastic clips back in.

12. tredstone

tredstone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    One side sticker board?:confused:

13. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Look in the box. It should come with two pieces that are hard with big holes in the middle. One of the side is paper you can remove to reveal the sticky side. That's probably to protected or reduce noise/vibration with the rear seats folded down and the cargo.

14. PriusLewis

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I saw mine without and with the sticky-back stuff, and it definitely makes the carpet more smooth and tight. So it may be for looks and to act as a "carpet pad" for cargo to keep the carpet from being beat up by the metal under it.

15. PriusLewis

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Go to NAPA and buy replacement clips. They work better and are relatively cheap (MUCH cheaper than from Toyota). Check back through this thread where I posted the part number. If your local NAPA doesn't have them they should be able to get them relatively quickly.

16. tredstone

tredstone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Phew, thanks usb! Didn't even realize that was what it was for at first when I saw it in the box. :)

17. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Me neither. I had to remove the black clips one more time to put them in. Oh boy, that was fun! :rolleyes: Thanks Bartlett for the detailed instruction!

18. tredstone

tredstone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Finished the backseats. :)

Nowhere near as good as usbseawolf's or the ones that were done professionally, but I'm pretty happy with it!
    [​IMG]

19. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hey good job! Looks good! Are you done with the rear side small parts between the seats and the doors?

20. tredstone

tredstone New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Haven't done those yet... think I'll do them last after the front seats.

My GF is on vacation for a week, so I'm thinking now would be a good time to attack the passenger seat. Having done the rear seats, are there any real surprises left with the front or is it more of the same (aside from a different removal process)?