1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Base of stick shift "tacky"

Discussion in 'Prius v Technical Discussion' started by Megan2044, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Megan2044

Megan2044 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I was cleaning the dash of my Prius v and I noticed the knob of the stick shift looked like it was attached with black electrical tape. I would not care except this tape is a little sticky and we are only week two of the car. I have half a mind to check and see if all the Prius v's have this at the base of the knob?

2. JACoH

JACoH Enjoying the mileage

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    I have nothing on mine similar to black electrical tape, perhaps someone just didn't remove it for some reason. The knob itself just unscrews (left) off the shaft. I would unscrew it and clean the area and screw it back on.

3. Megan2044

Megan2044 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Ok took the tape off, maybe it came that way. It is clear at the base now and cleaned and seems fine. Thanks

4. mhendrixcap

mhendrixcap Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    III
    It came that way. Toyota covers the shifter with plastic and secures it with tape. The dealer must have mistakenly left the tape on when they took the film off.