1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

basic $10 front mud flaps no drilling (on the car at least)

Discussion in 'Prius c Accessories and Modifications' started by endar, Dec 9, 2012.

1. endar

endar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Just installed some $10 15x9 highland mud flaps on my Prius C.
    I picked up them up at the local autozone.
    figured everyone would appreciate a quick write up

IMG_0911.jpg
    I attached the flaps to the car using the two plastic hollow plugs the hold on the wheel well liner

IMG_0914.jpg

Using a piece of paper I made a template of the body outline and hole locations.
    The body of the car basically covers the textured part of the flap.

IMG_0913.jpg

Then I marked the locations on the flap and drilled 1/8 holes they should be about 1/4 inch in on the textured plastic in order to be straight on the car.
    (i just lined up both flaps and drilled both at the same time)

IMG_0915.jpg
    You can see the hole marks in silver. The lower hole mark should be aligned with the top hole . I moved the lower hole to the right to match the upper mark. this was after a test fit showed the flap tapered in a little.

IMG_0916.jpg

the screws that came with these flaps were a little too small (on the right)
    the screws on the left threaded in to the plugs much better but were a little too long. So I had to drill out the ends of the plugs on the car. If you use shorter screws you will not have to drill anything. I was just too lazy to cut these down or go back in the house to find shorter ones.

finally attached to the car.....

IMG_0917.jpg

Notice the lower screw has two holes the unused hole is the one from the first test fit. with the slight inward taper. I didn't take another picture but I used black nail polish to paint the screws.

IMG_0918.jpg

the final result!

Ground clearance is ~2 1/2 inches so it does scrape speed bumps but so far hasn't done any damage to the flap

CMJAnew likes this.
  2. KaliforniaKid

KaliforniaKid 2013 Prius v Five 2012 Priuc c Four

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    Plan to do the rear wheel wells too?
    You'll probably have to take the wheel off for clearance.

3. endar

endar Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Not sure yet.
    The main issue I have with the rears is there are no mounting points to use, without drilling some new holes in the liner. That and i'm hoping for some official ones.

4. iceman13

iceman13 Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Installed these today, they actually look good and hopefully will prevent rock chips and keep the side of my car cleaner since I commute over 70 miles daily.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.