1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery Capacity Loss

Discussion in 'Gen 1 Prius Plug-in 2012-2015' started by Norman Jensen, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Adam Leibovitch

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Well it starts high from the factory, and if you drive consistently it will continue to fall at a decreasing rate until it eventually levels out. So its not that unusual, along with the decrease in average temperatures.

From my experience, this video REALLY helped me: Max MPG Driving Techniques Youtube Video | PriusChat

The pulse and glide technique, mainly the gliding, has helped me to get better range and brake smarter.

2. Norman Jensen

Norman Jensen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks, This is the sort of answer I was hoping for---ones with some personal experience. We are retired and don't make any routine visits so comparing the same trip is difficult. We are now down to 9.9, but started at 11.7 not 13 like you. Where do you live?

3. Norman Jensen

Norman Jensen Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thanks, Its a good video and I learned some things I didn't know, but it doesn't speak to my concern of battery decline.

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    have you considered taking it to toyota and having them put it on their battery tester?

5. Adam Leibovitch

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    If you had a scan gauge and kill-a-watt could you calculate a rough estimate of battery capacity from SoC and KwH consumed. How rough of an estimate would it be?

6. Rebooting will bring it back to 13