1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

battery cell change assistance

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Sanila, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Sanila

Sanila New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Dear readers.
    I have a Prius from 2004. Recently I've got a std 3 alarms on the panel which stated that hybrid battery fault. Toyota service did a "deep" battery analysis and stated: "1 cell fault found. Battery needs to be replaced"
    I read a lot of forums and watched some videos @youtube. There is a lot of tricks have to be done to complete cell(s) change successfully. I'm wonder if there is somebody in Ireland who can assist and guide cell(s) change for my battery? I'd appreciate their time and effort respectively.
    Thanks
    Alex (Sanila)

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    There are no tricks involved in module swaps.

1. Identify your failed modules in your pack
    2. Buy "good" replacement modules
    3. Recharge and balance the pack when done.
    4. Enjoy your Prius again

Sanila likes this.
  3. Sanila

Sanila New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A

Thanks for your feedback. I'm a bit worried about 3rd point. Could you, pls, advise/share the most efficient way as there are few different available in internet. Thanks a mil

4. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    You can get all the charge and balance information at hybridautomotive.com. They have a prolong charger that does what #3 is needing.