1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery Cooling fan issue 2004 gen 2

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by CliffD, Aug 18, 2021.

1. CliffD

CliffD New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I took my Prius in to the dealer to have the codes read. They were going to charge 600 to clean the fan. I tried myself last night and thought u I did a good job. The red triangle was still on. I drove it home and it runs fine, but I am worried the fan is not working. Should it come on when I first start it up? I did test it to the 12 volt battery quick with some jumper cables. And it worked. The fan was dirty. Of course I looked through the paperwork this am and the codes are not there. I am waiting to hear back from them but I thought I would try hear while I am waiting. The dealer said the codes had to do with the cooling fan. Thanks in advance for any help. I did check the fuse.

2. CliffD

CliffD New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I finally got hold of the dealer. He talked with the tech and he remembers it might be code PO 880. I hope I can fix this any ideas?? A new fan is only 225.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    could it have been P0A80? that's a bad hybrid battery

it is unusual to hear the fan. put a kleenex on the intake grille