1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery Dead Cabin Lights come on but Engine won't start.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by GoliathMV, Feb 9, 2021.

1. GoliathMV

GoliathMV Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Today I noticed the rear cabin light was left on by my knuckle head boys during a daytime trip a few weeks ago. After getting into the Prius I noticed that all the dash lights were turning on but the car would not start. I had to pull my second vehicle next to her and boost the 12V battery in order to start her up. I have had the original factory battery since I purchased the ole girl 11 years ago from Toyota. After boosting the 12V she has been starting up normally. I think I might take the battery out and tender the thing overnight. I will keep you all posted if that gave the ole battery another lease on life. We are lucky to own a car that doesn't need much turn over from the 12V to start her up. Just don't forget to turn those dang cabin lights off and you should be alright.

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The rear cargo light and manually enabled map lights are the only lights that will easily do this. You can turn on the headlights after shutdown as well but the headlights normally shutoff if you don't touch them. Leds in the rear and the maplights can help as long as you don't select the blind you forever type.

The best solution is training and a lithium jump pack.