1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery hibernation question for electric scooter....

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Dino33ca, May 31, 2015.

1. Dino33ca

Dino33ca Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    So many knowledgeable posters here, I just thought I'd shoot this out... My friend has an electric scooter that has been sitting for two years due to health reasons. He doesn't think the batteries are any good because they've been sitting around so long. He's willing to sell the scooter to me for $100 bucks but first I'm trying to talk him into at least trying to charge them up to see if his scooter can still work for him. Anyone know what happens to batteries that have been sitting around outside in a scooter that has not been used at all in the last couple of years??? There are four batteries: 6-dzm-20 battery Thanks in advance!

2. Trollbait

Trollbait It's a D&D thing

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    If they are lead acid, and not hooked up to a battery maintainer or charger, they are probably shot.

3. Dino33ca

Dino33ca Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Thanks Trollbait. They are indeed lead acid (agm) and have not been hooked up in two years. I've found some new ones that start around $36 each x 4 for 18 hour amps. $40 each for 20 amp hour batteries. Maybe I could even find some used ones.

#3 Dino33ca, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015