1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BATTERY ICON SHOWS THREE LINES ONLY

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by kalum, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    good good ;)

2. Oskar

Oskar Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    It may take a while to get used to driving the car. I have a brand new Prius and I find that it lingers down around 2 bars for a while. Sure it goes up, and hangs around the mid-point, but I think a lot depends on one's style of driving. I think if we took five people from PriusChat and asked them to drive over a pre-set, 30-mile course, in the same Prius, filled with a full tank, that you would get five different read-outs on all aspects of the car. From mpg to battery charge. I'd bet dollars to donuts on it. ;)

The one thing I've learned about having a Prius is that the results you get are the reflection of how you drive it. Unless, of course, there is something drastically wrong either technically or mechanically.

3. kalum

kalum Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    now this time a guy came from dealer and he took the car for test drive. first he will fill the tank up to neck and drive like 100km and fill the tank again then we know how many km that it has done then they will figure out next. any way I will update you every body will get benifit

4. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I wonder if it's an overheating battery? Make sure the passengers don't block that vent on the rear seat. It's easy for a blanket, box, young child to accidentally block it. That could be the issue.

Otherwise I am pondering whether it's your HV battery ecu. I had mine fail and the symptoms of that were the battery sitting at 5/8 bars maximum and often at 3 or 4/8 when driving at a steady 50 mph. The state of charge was pretty much all over the place. The dealers diagnosed it quickly and replaced the ecu under warranty and it's been fine since. I didn't suggest this first as yours is a new car.

Couple questions for you. 1, is anyone/anything blocking the rear vent inadvertently? 2, What's the average speed of the car? That could help explain some of the issues you're having.

5. kalum

kalum Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    good news they have driven the car in high way and have get 22.3km per liter and full indication of hybrid battery also
    thank you all

Mendel Leisk likes this.
  6. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats!(y)