1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery level game

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Jim Hearn, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Jim Hearn

Jim Hearn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    So while trolling in the traffic jams we have here in South Florida i found a way to be amused since my entire dash is dark but the MFD (Dash light fix in the queue to be fixed)
    Its pretty cool to see the regenerative braking in action.The game is to see what the charge level can get just by using regenerative braking charging. I had mine all the way but one bar ( I have never seen that one filled yet)

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Battery reconditioning will make you much more successful at your game... Learn more at hybridautomotive.com also read up on Pulse&Glide, it's the same game, but even higher MPG than how you're playing it.

3. Jim Hearn

Jim Hearn Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Checked out the website. Seems like a good thing to have to continue the battery charging up to snuff. I got this car as a pretty much a give away. My girlfriend was only going to get $500 on a trade ( Wreaked front end damage) so i told her to give it to me and i would tinker with it. I garaged my gas eating FJ Cruiser and started messing with this thing. I have found it pretty interesting to say the least. Including "running" out of gas with a full gas gauge and was able to get about 10 mins of electric motor/battery to get me off the highway.
    Installed a Marine grade battery switch so i could do a quick system reboot and all well again
    So far been about 3 weeks and no weirdness popped up yet.

Sorta like the no dash light thing. But officer the dash lights just went out and i had no idea how fast i was going.....

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    For your safety and others on the road you need to get that fixed right away. Only costs $150: Rebuilt Combination Meter 2006-2009 Prius | texas-hybrid-battery