1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery life

Discussion in 'Prime Audio, Electronics, and Infotainment' started by charlieboy, Jun 24, 2021.

1. charlieboy

charlieboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    I'd like to be able to play the radio while parked up with everything switched off. Does anyone know how long I can do this for without prejudicing being able to start up again?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    unfortunately, we cannot tell you without knowing the health of the battery. and that in itself is a difficult proposition. best you can do is put a reader on the 12v and keep an eye on it, or leave the car 'ready'

Valiant V likes this.
  3. Valiant V

Valiant V Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    With all the talk here about the 12v battery, the cautions in the manual about it, and seeing how they are expensive and don't last all that long - I'd follow the manual's suggestion and avoid use of the radio or any accessories in "Accessory" or "ignition on" mode. I'd concur with Bisco and put it in "ready" mode. If the ICE kicks on for a few minutes here and there, it's no biggie. You can also run the A/C in Ready mode, so it won't be so stuffy.

4. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    Pretty sure the Prius will shut off the system and ACC after 20 min. Newer models will also shut off the car even in Ready mode.

Valiant V likes this.
  5. GabrielD

GabrielD Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius+ MPV
    Model:
    V
    I tried with my car, when 12 V battery aproaching to full discharge, the system will go off.
    Aprox 2 hours duration of music... But increased volume will consume it faster.

6. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    On my PiP, accessory mode automatically shut off after some 15 to 20 minutes. Don't know if this carried over the Prime. That's the max I will do. If I need to run the radio longer during, I turn on the car until the engine shuts off. Rinse, repeat until my lunch hour is over.

Raytheeagle likes this.
  7. PiPLosAngeles

PiPLosAngeles Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    That's mind bogglingly stupid. Is it in the manual. I can't seem to find it. That would really blow a fuse for me if I was trying to use that camping and the car kept shutting off.

8. PiPLosAngeles

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    This is all I can find on page 340:

[​IMG]

EDIT - Found it
    [​IMG]

9. rdgrimes

rdgrimes Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius Prime
    Model:
    N/A
    ^^^
    Pretty sure the auto shut-off feature can be disabled completely with Techstream, Carista or the like and an OBDll dongle. I'm sure there must be discussions about this here.

10. PiPLosAngeles

Vehicle:
    2021 Prius Prime
    Model:
    LE
    I'm OK with locking the door with the mechanical key. As long as there's a way to override it, I have no issues.

11. charlieboy

charlieboy New Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius PHV
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus
    Thanks for the helpful replies. Generally I'll only be using the radio for half-an-hour or so, so I'll just have the car in Ready mode and not bother with trying to disable the automatic shut-off.

bisco likes this.