1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery question from an old lady

Discussion in 'Prius c Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by BettySue, Aug 21, 2022.

1. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    It's a smart charger so it has a processor inside to monitor how the 12v is responding and only provides the amount of amps the 12v battery can handle. What's more all auto shops I worked at and ones I've visited more recently all have a 12v battery charger on a cart that goes up to 10amps. It's an essential tool that all repair shops have.

2. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    If it has an ammeter on it so you can see that it isn't putting the battery on blast, even better.

PriusCamper likes this.
  3. BettySue

BettySue Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius c
    Model:
    I
    Doug, I am 73. I agree that we need to keep moving or we will lose it.

4. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    My favorite part is when I put a super dead 12v on it and it sits their basically pinging the battery and asking if it wants some voltage. And sometimes for as long as a 1/2 hour it will indicate it's still sending 0 amps to the battery as it estimates charge percentage. But then, eventually the battery says yes and the amps start going up and the next day it's at 100% charge and the amps have dialed back to a super low amp trickle charge/maintainer.