1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery shows wrong indication

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by KiwiPom, Mar 11, 2017.

1. KiwiPom

KiwiPom New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    I can leave my Prius-C overnight with an almost full bar level. Next morning i drive maybe 500 meters and its showing 3 bars.
    I have even waited in carpark with radio on and after about 15mins its switched off due to power warning. This shoul dnot be case but I have mentioned it 2 or 3 times to dealer and they say its correct. I still think I have a faulty battery. Any Ideas?

2. Sean Nelson

Sean Nelson Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    When you first start the car the engine comes on to warm up - but while it's warming up the car tries to run off the battery in order to avoid stress on the cold engine. When it does this is prefers the battery over the engine, and if you accelerate strongly it will actually draw more battery power than it normally does when the engine is warm. So if those first 500 meters include strong acceleration or an uphill climb then what you're seeing may be perfectly normal.

3. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    I think that response is right.

It might not hurt to check the 12 V battery though.
    If IT is weak, that would put extra drain on the HV system trying to charge it up after sitting all night.

4. KiwiPom

KiwiPom New Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius c
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for that info.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    are you waiting in the carpark with the car in 'ready', or aux? there is an auto shutdown if not in ready.