1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery Storage?

Discussion in 'Prius c Technical Discussion' started by DaleT, Dec 13, 2022.

1. DaleT

DaleT Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius c
    Model:
    Three
    Hi Guys:

I own 2 good Prius C's 2012, & 2013 with about 110k on both models. I got a deal on a slightly wrecked 2014 with only 43k. I may get it fixed, but I may use it for parts. Please can anyone advise me on how to maintain the drive battery?

Thx,
    Dale Collins

2. Leadfoot J. McCoalroller

Leadfoot J. McCoalroller Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius c
    Model:
    Two
    I'd fix that 3rd car, or sell the battery & store the rest. It's not going to be that hard to get another battery when the time comes for one of your cars.

Best thing you can do with a battery like that is use it today, and the second best is to let somebody else use it in exchange for money.

You could store one for a year or so as is without much harm, and you could wire up a grid charge/discharge system for a further bit less harm over longer storage time, but that costs money and attention, and the battery is still that much older at the end of it. Be sure it's worth the benefit. I don't see value above the expense, difficulty & risk, personally.

bisco and Pri3C like this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    or put the 14 battery in one of the others