1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Battery voltage reading P0A80

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Technical Discussion' started by Leon Ffrench, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Leon Ffrench

Leon Ffrench Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I use the tachyon diagnostic tool to check my batteries and got this, can someone interpret it for me?

Why the blocks jump from 11 to 15
    Why is block 15 so high
    Screenshot_20181205-153436_Tachyon Droid Hybrid 101.jpg

amos likes this.
  2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    You might try other apps like Dr. Prius or Hybrid Assistant to see if you get the same abnormal/lack of readings in Block 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17. This problem could be the app you're using or the OBD2 reader you're using. See Hybrid battery diagnostic and repair tool for Toyota and Lexus to learn more about good versus bad OBD2 readers...

Beyond the app and the reader, sometimes corrosion on the voltage sensors on the battery modules can cause strange readings like this. So next step is to make sure you're practicing good high voltage safety (see you tube videos) and pull the battery pack to clean corrosion and get voltage readings on each of the 28 individual modules with a multi-tester.

If everything looks good after that we can talk about load testing and battery pack reconditioning, etc.

Do you have any lights on your dash / error codes that led you to this point?

3. Leon Ffrench

Leon Ffrench Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thank you for responding

Yes I have yellow triangle and the check engine light came on.

I bought a Tachyon reader it's designed for hybrid vehicles

That's the reading I got

I will pull down the battery unit and test each module individually as suggested

amos likes this.