1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bay Area Noob

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by dtuite, Mar 28, 2010.

1. dtuite

dtuite Silverback

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Checking in. Mid-SF Peninsula. New white 2010 basic type II feature set. Bought from 101 Toyota in Redwood City,CA. Traded in my 1995 Odyssey.

10 Days now, around 800 miles, averaging around 50 mpg (computer) when not just driving locally. Wife has a 2001 Outback. I also ride a Suzuki 650 Burgman and one of these days I'll sell the '87 BMW K75s.

I like the ride, the quiet, the gas milesage and the geekiness. I'm not so crazy about the visibility aft (no camera) and the FM reception. I've posted about the latter. (I've come to suspect that the discriminator is implemented in DSP software. At first, I thought the scratchiness was multipath, but now it seems more like a problem reproducing high frequency components of the audio signal. Anybody know if the audio amp is class-D?

2. tumbleweed

tumbleweed Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congratulations on your new Prius!

Yes unfortunately the backup camera only comes with the Nav system, I think it should be standard due to the poor rear visibility. In your area there should be a lot of shops that will install an aftermarket unit. Or if you are a DIYer you can find some information on here about installing one yourself.

3. Codyroo

Codyroo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Welcome aboard!

I just got my Prius from Toyota 101 as well (a week ago). I've actually not listened to the radio all that much, I'm just enjoying how quiet and smooth the car is when I drive.