1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bay Area Prius Fans - Show of Hands

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by vintagebob, Jun 19, 2004.

1. darwin100

darwin100 New Member

Count this hand.....tideland pearl 05 top package with sharkfin antenna and sid moldings...soon to be tinted...darwin

2. zibudog

zibudog New Member

Richmond CA in the house!

So, reading over the posts on this thread I noticed a year and a half gap between post #39 and #40...what happened to the pre #4o posters??? Is this like the 4400 thing??? Maybe they'll all come back later this year on the hill in Berkeley :)

Cheers!

Mark

3. devprius

devprius /dev/geek

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Yet another owner in the Bay Area here (Pacifica, specfically). Bought mine in Nov '04. 37K miles in 21 months...

4. Pinto Girl

Pinto Girl New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm a Peninsula Prius driver who also own a '73 Pinto...a gift to me from my Mother which I've owned since high school!
    [smile]

'06 package #8; white with tan interior. The Prius, that is.

Sportiva suspension pieces on order and soon to be installed, as is the BT stiffening brace. But, first and foremost, is preserving or improving the mpg rating.

Before buying the Prius, I drove a Porsche Carrera, and was a member of the Porsche Club of America. I mention this not as a misguided attempt to impress anyone here; rather, the local chapter of the PCA was really active, with fun runs, show and shine events, a timed rally, and even a yearly weekend trip to Yosemite.

True, the Porsche Club receives support from the manufacturer, on a national level, and there's nothing like that in our case. But, I'm still wondering if it's possible to perhaps organize something similar. Or if anyone would even have time/be interested in the first place...?

Here's my observation: The Porsche club seemedd to be held together by the emotional and apparently unconditional love of the members for their cars. The heritage of the marque, the engineering, the race victories, the manly race drivers in sepia-toned black and white pictures, etc.

I'm wondering if, perhaps, Prius owners are drawn to their vehicles for more rational and functional reasons...that alone may preclude the sort of car-centric gatherings which were so common in PCA. Perhaps Prius meetings (if any) would be more about us - the owners and our families - and less of an emotional event centered primarily on the cars themselves.

Anyhow, just my two cents worth. Adjusted for inflation, of course.

--Pinto Girl