1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BC HOV Decal

Discussion in 'Prime Main Forum (2017-2022)' started by PriusPostus2, Apr 28, 2018.

1. PriusPostus2

PriusPostus2 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    Eat your heart out Californians, the British Columbia EV HOV Decal is FREE! I can drive in BC provincial HOV lanes as a lone driver. Just ordered the sticker for my second Prime also.

Yes, the Prius Prime qualifies, and since the Prime is now on sale in Canada, even shows up on the official HOV eligible vehicles list, so you don't have to explain that it plugs in.

And yes, cars registered in the States are eligible as well! From the BC EV-HOV FAQ webpage:
    I live outside of B.C. (e.g in Washington) but frequently visit B.C. with my electric vehicle. Am I eligible to apply for this program?
    Yes. Out-of-province vehicles are eligible for the program. The vehicle must be on the eligible vehicle list and a copy of the vehicle registration must be provided with the application.

BTW, single occupancy cars with BC plates may not need stickers or Good-To-Go passes to use HOV/Toll lanes on certain Washington State Interstates. See this KIRO TV article. Even gasoline cars.

Attached Files:

Prodigyplace likes this.
  2. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Maybe use the savings on gas money towards washing that sucker.

3. PriusPostus2

PriusPostus2 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Advanced
    LOL, it was raining pretty hard when I took that picture, and what you see are raindrops...