1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Be careful of buying from Prius Shop!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Accessories and Modifications' started by kingsnake, Apr 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I hate to do this but the situation that went down with Danny@Prius shop needs to be told.

I purchased 2 Navi overrides, paid for express shipping. Before they arrived I contacted Danny about refusing shipment (Changed my mind) and having them sent back to him. I OFFERED to pay for all the shipping as Prius Shop owners shouldn't have to pay for my change of mind. I OFFERED!

Danny agreed, I did a paypal dispute and wrote on the dispute I agree to minus the shipping from the refund. A few days went by, he wrote on the paypal dispute that once I drop the dispute he will refund the the correct amount. (Not, trusting me to do the right thing... or asking me to send the shipping as a gift to him and then refunding the paypal dispute). 7 minutes after he posted the comment I dropped the dispute, contacted him twice (Right after and later in the day). He never responded, never refunded so I called paypal many, many hours later and they agreed to reopen the case. (Normally they don't do this and MAYBE that's why Danny asked me to do this. I would have no choice but to wait and play his waiting game or he just thought he made out with my money).

I still have not heard from Danny, no refund, nothing! Not even him trusting me to send shipping after the refund... (I Freaking offered in the first place!)

I'm not saying the products are bad or anything... Just be careful!

This is the last thing I heard from Danny on the PAYPAL DIspute!

From Seller - PriusChat4/12/2012 09:51 EDT
    Hi Scott - I'm just waiting on you to drop the dispute now so that I can apply the correct refund. Thanks! Danny

PayPal Note: Buyer confirmed that buyer and seller reached an amicable resolution on this Dispute and buyer closed the Dispute.
    4/12/2012 09:58 EDT
    Back to Resolution Center

2. GrumpyCabbie

GrumpyCabbie Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Re: Becareful of buying from Prius Shop!

So the last thing you heard was 2 days ago and feel that's sufficient time to give someone before posting on a public forum? I could understand if you hadn't heard in 2 months and maybe 2 weeks, but 2 days?

What if he's gone away for a long weekend?

Slow down, take a deep breath and start again. :)

3. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

Yes, I do! You may not agree but that's up to you! In fact here is 2 private messages from cproaudio who was also involved... Not speaking for him, or stating he feels it has been long enough but...

cproaudio: Re: order 17242
    I also emailed him twice about refunding your money. Let me know when you get your refund. Thanks.

04-13-2012 02:57 AMcproaudio: Re: order 17242
    Did you get your refund yet? I've emailed Danny and told him that I received the return package.

4. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

Maybe your right, my customer service is never the same as others in most cases. I just found it odd that 7 minutes after the request to drop the paypal dispute... Never got a reply when I told him it was dropped... Danny may be on the up and up... I guess I expect things to soon.

I'm in no way trying to throw cproaudio under the bus.

All I said is buyer beware (for the most part).

5. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

WHY the hell did you do a paypal dispute?!?!

As soon as Danny got the package back I'm sure he would have refunded your money (minus the shipping). There was no reason to open a dispute since he did nothing wrong!

6. css28

css28 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three

Publicly posting others' PM's is also a little uncool.

Just sayin'.

7. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Remind me to never do business with you.

1 person likes this.
  8. kstitt

kstitt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced

All I can say is that I have had absolutely no trouble in dealing with Danny and Prius Shop. I won't hesitate to do business in the future.

9. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

It is what it is... Paypal dispute was open april 6, the dispute is just oneway to get a refund. Im guessing now that its a full refund or nothing and why i went along with the requrst to close it.

All I'm asking is for the refund as we agreed. Once done this is done, I'm not the one dragging it out.

I have no problems and am glad people think highly of him, i have not dealt with him. So many scams out there and people doing the wrong thing that my guard is up all the time. I have zero issues except getting him to click a few buttons and hit refund on PayPal.

I also understand others, like me have never had issues ordering... I've ordered before for my 08 prius, didn't return anything so it was all good and even hetting this order done and shipped was great, refund, not so much. That doesn't make him a bad guy...

It's up to him or PayPal... Either way.

If he refunds ill still pay for ship as I promised and in a timely manner

10. d2mini

d2mini Active Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

No, actually it's not. But it is a sure fire way to get poor customer service as you've found out. No company will issue a refund until the item is back in hand. Opening a dispute is reserved for when there is already an issue. It's a last resort when all other communication has failed. You sir, have failed.

11. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

I'm friends with Danny and I gaurantee he is not the type to try and swindle a customer. He has been accused of being slow to respond but he has never been unfair.

I can understand your frustration but please know he is not trying to stiff you. :)

1 person likes this.
  12. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

"Item" was refused, never touched by me, opened etc and tracking shows and proves this. I understand back in hand!

Doesn't really matter, you prove my point. Instead of just issuing a refund today, yesterday etc... It's being dragged out because I put a dispute in, I closed that dispute because Danny asked me to and he would issue a refund. I did as he asked, not sure how I failed. But, whatever. It's not like paypal has a "Rating of disputes" like Ebay. Danny asked me to remove it, I did... I worked with him to make it fair and easy.

13. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

F8L, I understand, thanks

1 person likes this.
  14. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

As with any policy for refund, would you refund the amount if the product you sent to the buyer has not been received back yet? :confused: Isn't that a risk for the seller?

15. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

lol,

It was never in my hands, the Postman never, ever handed it to me.

I understand he would want it first but I kept him up todate where in the return it was. (Proving it was refused and never touched by me, I could NOT send an empty package back).

That was his choice to wait, and that is fine. On April 10th no one on his end was around when it was attempted to be delivered, not a big deal. It was delivered on APril 11 (3 1/2 days ago). I'm not saying he is wrong, I never said he has screwed me... It's not my first return of my life but to drop communication once he stated drop the paypal dispute thinking 7 minutes later or that day it would be taken care of... It just raised some red flags on my end. I'm glad he isn't known as a crook by reading these friendly posts about him. BUT as one person stated in so many words, my pay pal dispute MIGHT be the reason for get back of sorts... Paypal dispute isn't that big of a deal, I EVEN DROPPED IT ON DANNY'S REQUEST!

16. AZGeek

AZGeek Semi-informed Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

If Danny was screwing folks then he wouldn't have a store front here on PC. Members would have forced him out (or started another Prius support group on their own). I've purchased from him many times over the past 8 years and haven't had a problem.

I think you were a little quick to pull the trigger on a buyer beware post. God knows that I speak from experience (the premature trigger pulling part, that is).:D

17. WE0H

WE0H Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Do you realize that you now messed up Danny's PayPal account because you disputed his transaction. He will be lucky if his funds are not held for the next 6 months because of this. Not good to dispute anything with PayPal especially from the owner of this forum and a well respected person. PayPal takes disputes very serious and will put a account on a funds hold status for many months. Shame on you :nono:

Enjoy your short stay on Prius Chat, I think your days here are very limited.

Mike

18. ImeanGreen

ImeanGreen Prius v Five BP Brigade #236

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two

I think you made a premature move of filing a dispute with paypal. If you filed a dispute after Danny got the items back and he did not pay you the refund, then I'm with you. Just because you did not received the item from the postman or did not get into your hands does not even constitute an automatic refund at that very moment. I've been buying stuff from ebay, amazon and other internet sites and never did I get a refund until the item was returned and received by the seller. Like AZGeek stated, you pulled the trigger toooo quick. Give Danny some time until he gets the items back and report back. I will bet that you will say the opposite - FINALLY, I GOT MY REFUND BACK. ;)

19. kingsnake

kingsnake New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five

I guess people are not reading the whole story before they post... HE HAS THE STUFF! APRIL 11th! Today is the 14th!

I could be wrong, I probably am... But each hour, day that goes by since he said drop the dispute and no refund or communication shows me something else IMO. I posted in a forum that he owns, sort of like walking into a Republican Party convention and trying to argue with the leader/organizer that the Republicans are wrong and Democrats are right. (It's a battle that person will not win no matter how right he might be to the rest of the Human race)... I AM NOT SAYING I AM 100% RIGHT, but I can still point at Danny's lack of refund so far to somewhat show I am right until he proves me wrong

All I asked for is my refund as him and I agreed on, seems simple doesn't it?

I'm not begging to stay on Prius Chat but I have not called anyone names, lied, threatened anyone with harm, insulted in a mean way. I have an issue, I bought it up. Many think I am wrong and maybe I did rush it, I don't think so but it is what it is.

I HAVE NOT SAID ANY THING BAD ABOUT DANNY but pointed out his lack of communication and to issue a refund as of yet. No name calling, no bashing this site, no threats that I will do this or that towards anyone here, nothing besides going through paypal (That is legal and a legit way to get a refund, some think I did him wrong by doing that, I disagree, it's there for protection and I have the right to use it when an agreement falls through as I think or thought this has)

20. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A

Kingsnake,

Don't get caught up in all of this. Threads like this never turn out good for anyone. Keep working with Danny and everything will turn out fine. If you do not like the way this thread has turned on you you can ask a mod to delete it or you can delete your posts and let people wonder what the hell we are all griping about. LOL

Sometimes we make rash decisions to post things we later wish we hadn't. God knows I've had my share. Anyway, just didn't want you to feel like we're all ganging up on you.

Justin

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.