1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bearing noise or tire/wheel Noise

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by Asifpop, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Asifpop

Asifpop Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Hi i have 2016 prius.. i hit my rear right wheel on curb while taking a sharp turn to right and it hit quite hard and took a chip away from the rim when i checked ...so after that at 45 mph + car makes wob wob wob sound coming quite clearly from rear took it to tire shop they say its your rim as its bent.. but they said ur all wheels r slighly bent( thanks to ny/nj pot holes) so to confirm that its really tire or rim issue i rotated the tires expecting if the bad wheel is moved to front the sound should move to front as well but when i drove the sound stays at rear.. now i think its not tire or rim its most probably bearing now taking the car to toyota tomorrow .. anynone has any similar experience what else it could be it not bearing?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    agreed, most like bearing. tyres don't usually make sounds after hitting curb.

3. alanclarkeau

alanclarkeau Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That or a damaged axle. It could end up being an insurance job?