1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

BEARS Colbert, BEARS!!!

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by MarinJohn, Jun 22, 2007.

1. MarinJohn

MarinJohn Senior Member

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/ap/art...00&apc=9024
    Man kills bear with log at Ga. camp site

A 300-pound black bear raided a family's campsite, and the father saved his sons from harm by throwing a log at the beast, killing it with a single blow. The bear took the family's cooler and was heading back to the woods when the youngest son, 6-year-old Logan, hurled a shovel at it.

The bear then dropped the cooler and started coming at the boy, said his father. Fearing what might happen next, Everhart, an ex-Marine, grabbed the closest thing he could find – a log from their stash of firewood.

"(I) threw it at it and it happened to hit the bear in the head," Everhart said. "I thought it just knocked it out but it actually ended up killing the bear."

Everhart was given a ticket for failing to secure his camp site
    The attack happened the same weekend that an 11-year-old boy was killed by a black bear while camping in a forest in Utah. Sam Ives was found mauled to death after he was pulled screaming from his tent in the Uinta National Forest, about 30 miles southeast of Salt Lake City.

2. SSimon

SSimon Active Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    I didn't open the link....just commenting on your snippet. When we were backpacking in Wyoming, a couple happened by and stopped to talk. They told us they didn't hang their food and had trouble with a bear. It's always nice to know that irresponsible neighbors are residing by you when you're out in the wild, doing their part to ensure that harm will come to anyone else that sets up camp.

We train wild animals to readily approach by baiting them with food and then proceed to kill or harm them when they do so. Nice.