1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Beat Sonic IF-02EP iPhone Mirroring

Discussion in 'Gen 4 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by timdafweak, Aug 9, 2016.

1. timdafweak

timdafweak Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hey all,

Missing Carplay on the new Prius, I am considering springing for the Beat Sonic IF-02EP to mirror my iPhone 6S to the Prius Factory Monitor.

I've been researching all that I can find on the device. I viewed the helpful videos on Youtube and have a firm grasp of how this can be done. What I am missing is some feedback from people who've actually implemented it, on how it is working for them, and how the system looks once installed. I know that the Apple Lightning cable needs to be routed from behind the dash. Has anyone got any pics of how this looks? Any suggestions on how to make it look more OEM?

Any tips etc would be highly appreciated.

2. timdafweak

timdafweak Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I wrote this on another thread, but here it is for posterity should anyone come searching using the part number from Beat Sonic.

Well, FWIW, I installed my mirroring unit this evening. I must say that their instructions as included in the packet were a bit lacking. The hardest part was routing the cables to the front through the dash. It took me a total of 1.5 hours to install this.

BUT, and this is a big but, if you have a Prius Two and a non HD screen (non JBL) prepare to have washed out colors and fuzzy text. It is a bit disappointing after all that work and expense. But the alternative was not acceptable to me.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Tideland Prius likes this.
  3. hyojiggy

hyojiggy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring

do you have any pics how you have it setup?

is it worth the $?

4. timdafweak

timdafweak Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I assume you have the higher end audio system with the HD screen. If so, yes it would be worth it for you. For me, the quality of the display on the screen is just so so. I was disappointed definitely, and even redid the whole setup all over again to make sure I didn't make a mistake.

As for the mirroring - it is limiting in that the only practical uses I've been able to find for it are a) streaming videos for kids in the back seat (if they can see the panel) and b) for Google Maps.

Here's a video on Vimeo I made for the Beatsonic fellas, who wanted me to help them diagnose the issue.

Mind you, I managed to optimize the display later by stretching it so that the words are more legible. But the improvement was not very marked.

Hope this helps.

#4 timdafweak, Sep 12, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2016
  5. Vendo CHAN

Vendo CHAN New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Four Touring
    Is it all 2016 Model is supported?

6. cproaudio

cproaudio Speedlock Overrider