1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Beatup/Missing Plastic Underbody and Fender liner Repair

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by joetho, Feb 28, 2018.

1. joetho

joetho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Evidently lots of us are faced with this problem. The car really DOES need to have those parts down there, and they are flimsy and don't stand up well to road debris, snow buildup, etc. Without them, the car loses aerodynamic sleekness AND road dirt splashes up in places it shouldn't.

I am having a hard time figuring out the part names and numbers of these various plastic things, what fasteners they need, and good places to buy all of the above - thus this thread.

I have a 2010 Gen3, and today I bought a new rear bumper cover and it occurred to me that I am missing a whooooole bunch of those little plastic components down there and I so far I have found little bits and pieces of info here and there, but I still need more ; )

2. NutzAboutBolts

NutzAboutBolts Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    I have a video of those fasteners on my YouTube account, I don’t currently have the link to it but you can find it on the description box. Those are common fasteners for Toyota and Honda.

3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    McGeorge Toyota is one online retailer, we'll organized and relatively easy to find stuff.

One tip: whenever you have the fasteners off, wash them in hot, soapy water before reinstall. Any small bolts or screws, drench them in light oil.

NutzAboutBolts likes this.
  4. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Here's something for the engine underpanel, specifies the fastener part numbers and their locations.

Attached Files:

Raytheeagle likes this.
  5. joetho

joetho Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    ------
    i think it is this one--->

And rather than a purchase link that will work for a month or two, here is the search that found dozens of them. The kit in the video looks like about 15-20 bucks average. http://tinyurl.com/ycga9b7m

NutzAboutBolts likes this.