1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Been getting some swirl marks, help me adjust wash and detail routine

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by cycledrum, May 31, 2010.

1. silentak1

silentak1 Since 2005

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    You sir (or madam) have spent a little too much time researching this matter to have run into that fake study. Interesting link though! ha

2. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I've got a sheepskin wash mitt being shipped in from Griot's Garage as well as bottle of their wash soap.

I'm going to get a grit guard or 2 for my wash buckets and will likely get a good foam gun and try that out.

http://www.properautocare.com/gilmour.html?gclid=CPPyzdvPhqICFRZ5gwodOC0EUQ

I like the idea of a foam gun. This is what they do in a quality automatic car wash - they foam up the car and let it pre-soak, then rinse it before proceeding. I definitely want to try a foam gun. I think it's risky to wipe up attached dirt into (after water rinsing) even the best wash mitt.

I've seen hairline scratches in my hood 18" long and it sucks to look at in the light.

Excerpt from link below -

'The majority of swirls and fine scratches come from the washing so it's very important to minimize risks whenever possible. '

Grit Guard Grit Guard Insert | Detailed Image

I'm working on it. I can concentrate on these things now that my car's seat is finally finished (4 mods over 1 year's time)