1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Begging for Points

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by majordude, May 25, 2005.

1. tiffanyjoy

tiffanyjoy New Member

hah, i thought the donate thing was to donate to the site. weird. what was the point in points again!?

2. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Sufferin' Prius Envy Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tiffanyjoy\";p=\"103272)</div>
    Nope, not a moderator thing.

There tiffany- , now you have the -joy of 29 more points to worry about.

Aaaah, the liberating feeling of being a PriusChat Points minimalist!

Just click on the “Donate†under the name of the person you wish to donate point to . . . just don’t return the points I donated to you . . . I enjoy being points free. :wink:

Of course the points “Donate†should not be confused with the “Donate (money) To PriusChat†to help Danny keep the site running.

If you donate money to PriusChat you can then receive a badge under your name like mine . . . depending on your level of support.

]http://www.priuschat.com/forums/portal.php...?page=3

3. priusham

priusham New Member

Michigan - land of everlasting snowflake icon!
    (to: Sufferin' Prius Envy)

Earn this...

4. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(priusham\";p=\"103297)</div>
    LOL, tell me I'm a good man...great movie, just watched it again last night...I'd donate, tried to double my points so I could donate them all, but I think we've been bamboozled by the last poster on the first page...as soon as I get more, I'll donate 'em all to ya majordude.

Dave.

5. Hybrid_Dave

Hybrid_Dave New Member

Well, after losing all of them to the ]you[ scam, I was spoiled by someone with 20 more points, so I have given them to you...sorry it couldn't be more

Dave.

6. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

I don't cheat, I earn the points thank you

7. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Eeeew! For a second there I thought priusham did the [you.] thing . . . then I saw 35 points for my PriusChat Points total when there should have been a glorious none! ~ Who knows what type of tawdry things priusham had to do or say to “earn†them points. . . Eeeew . . . I feel so icky.

tiffanyjoy, here they come . . . plus the one for posting this post.

Aaaaahhhhh, Plop, plop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!
    My conscience is one again clear. I sleep well tonight.

Update/Correction:
    HEY!!! I’m being smeared with PriusChat Points! Is there a conspiracy out there to soil my supercilious minimalist point reputation?

I received two email notifications . . .

. . . priusham has donated (25) Points to you.
    You now have 25 Points total.

. . . Bill Merchant has donated (10) Points to you.
    You now have 35 Points total.

* And Bill Merchant hasn’t even posted on this string!!!

Now I’m going to have nightmares about how many points are going to accumulate in my account while I am not looking, and sabotage my image before I have a chance to defend myself from this scurrilous attack.

Ooh, the horror!

8. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Member

Here's 25 points. If you want to shake them off, go to bottom of page one and give them to the ]you[ guy. He's destined to become point leader from what I can surmise...

9. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Hey big daddy..bet you can't wait...these cars are great..for 2-4 weeks I used to sneak off at night and just drove the car around. I'd camp out on the 7th and make sure that dealer didn't give the car away to someone else!! :mrgreen:

10. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Thanks for the "mad props." Your points will be cared for as if they were my own native born points.

Nate

11. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    In my attempt to remain points clean - in order to avoid becoming neurotic, I think I will adopt a brother’s philosophy about taking a bath or shower when we were younger . . .

“Once a week, whether I need to or not.â€

. . . that is, unless the total becomes noisomeness. (PriusChat Word of the Day)
    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=noisomeness

(Ick . . . I can’t stand it!!!you[ guy’s scam has been foiled. I’m more curious what tiffanyjoy will do with 29 more points that are coming her way. Ooh, what will she do.)

12. tiffanyjoy

tiffanyjoy New Member

i am very appreciative of those 29 points. i think i'll put them in a decorative wooden box on my nightstand as a keepsake.

13. Schmika

Schmika New Member

Did I get taken by the [you] scam? :oops: I donated points to myself but I didn't want to be a hog so I only donated 20. BTW, I sent my check into Danny and am awaiting my medal.

Now I don't know WHAT to do. I guess I'll stop trying to take shortcuts. Of course, being the generous guy I am, I might just try to become one of them "min-eee-mule--ists" too. :roll:

Karl

14. Schmika

Schmika New Member

:oops: OMG!!!! Hahahahaha! That is what the "you" thing does.

I am SOOOOOO embarassed.

15. tiffanyjoy

tiffanyjoy New Member

there you go schmika, i donated 20 points back to you... i don't wanna be a point hog.

16. Godiva

Godiva AmeriKan Citizen

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hey! I earned every point I have the hard way. No donated points here.

If you lost any points...maybe it was the APT (Alternative Point Tax).

17. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

What I.ALTMANN scam,

see I don't even understand or know a thing about it. The elitist and "smarter" ones here did something and it is completely above my head.

I am supposed to feel inferior, good PR and great way to influence someone. That's about all you'll do. and please feel free to snicker and pat each other on the back, after all you are all so sophisticated....

18. Sufferin' Prius Envy

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Don’t fret IALTMANN.
    You have just become the latest victim, in a long and distinguished line of victims :oops: , who fell for a message with an imbedded “you†bbcode. Even those who know it exists get caught off-guard every once in a while. :oops: :oops:

The “you†bbcode inserts the username of the person reading the post. I see a big red “Sufferin' Prius Envy†in place of the "you" code I inserted between smiles below. Godiva sees “Godiva,†and you will see “IALTMANN.â€

:) [you] :)

To test for ‘you†bbcode, Log-off then reload the offending message. You will then see “anonymous†in place of your username.

OR, if you want to see how any message was coded: While logged-on, click on the “quote†button in the message header. The Post a Reply text box will then show the codes used to compose the message.

The ‘you†code was inserted by either typing the code manually or clicking on the “you†button above the Post a Reply text box.

If you really want to make some people mad . . . just insert some streaming sound files. Some of those surfing PriusChat while at work freak-out as they try to cover their offence. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Six PriusChat points to you for being a sport.

19. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Thanks for the explanations. it is all to complex for me on these boards, I save it (the games) for other venues, but appreciate the info. Mostly I overlook stuff, but did not want to be accused of hogging or cheating or stuff like that.... but anyway I tend to use the board for tech stuff, and to help others with their cars, and sell the car here..so I am sensitive to such pranks, form the point I don't want my people put off from this site. Thank you and I realy enjoy the posts you have, you know how and when to prod and joke, and I like that.

20. IALTMANN

IALTMANN New Member

Thanks for the explanations. it is all to complex for me on these boards, I save it (the games) for other venues, but appreciate the info. Mostly I overlook stuff, but did not want to be accused of hogging or cheating or stuff like that.... but anyway I tend to use the board for tech stuff, and to help others with their cars, and sell the car here..so I am sensitive to such pranks, form the point I don't want my people put off from this site. Thank you and I realy enjoy the posts you have, you know how and when to prod and joke, and I like that.