1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Believing in Beliefs; Religion - Atheism - Science

Discussion in 'Fred's House of Pancakes' started by Rokeby, Sep 18, 2011.

1. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I'm going to ignore ammobob's obvious bait.

2. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Chuck.

Chuck. Former Honda Enzyte Driver

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Religious Arguments on Prius Chat

After years of endless ranting against other beliefs,
    some still keep on demonizing the other side as evil and stupid
    in the expectation that they will convert, go away,
    or sway a sea of bystanders.

Makes perfect sense

2 people like this.
  4. PriQ

PriQ CT+iQ

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Two
    >xs650 And you picture seems to confuse religion as a whole with some part of Christianity where the Bible is read literally. BTW. When people thank in this kind of thread. Does it then mean agreement?

5. amm0bob

amm0bob Permanently Junior...

The last place on earth to get cable, Sacramento
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II

You're funny Bra... like I was just :fish2:

While I do believe in a creator... I do not believe she is anything like what is recorded in the books of man. More probably my belief leans more toward - the creator is a process - that is repeated when certain conditions exist in the chaos that is the observable universe... and as such, not much of a chance for a caring god out of the process that creates matter out of the void...

What I don't quite grasp yet is the condition of continuance and some phenomenon that is labeled as esp... which some label as evidence of a soul... I believe I have been touched by some of my kin that passed on, and I believe I have had dreams that came to be just as I saw them... which is a bit unnerving, yet, I am thankful because I am alive and doing fine because of that influence, which to this day is not easily explained away by science or faith...

And, I don't think it was bait... I thought it was provocative though...
    :D

:focus:

1 person likes this.
  6. xs650

xs650 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    All three Abrahamic religions have large numbers of adherents that believe their holy book is the word of their god. The Abrahamic religions borrowed from earlier religions, some with similar creation mythology.

A thank doesn't necessarily mean agreement. It could be for a well written post that explains a persons point of view without tearing down anothers, or for well done humor that doesn't necessarily reflect the thankers belief.

1 person likes this.
  7. daniel

daniel Cat Lovers Against the Bomb

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Science is not a belief: It is a method of investigation that has demonstrated, through its application to technology, that it works. Science shows us how the world works. "Believing" in science is like "believing" that water is wet or that your favorite food tastes good, or that a hammer is useful if you want to pound a nail.

Atheism is not a religion either: Atheism is any of an unlimited number of philosophies that do not include belief in a god.

And FWIW, I thought the girls in the spoof were far more attractive than the actual beauty contestants. I'm not sure why it is, but I've never found much attractive in the typical beauty contest finalists. Maybe there are so few women stupid enough to want to enter beauty contests that there's just too small a pool of applicants to choose from.

8. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Generally it means you agree or that you at least like the post. Kind of a substitution for thumbs up. And this is true for all of PriusChat. The feature was added maybe 2 years ago, so the older threads don't have any thanks.

1 person likes this.