1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Belly Scrapes

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by airportkid, Dec 19, 2005.

1. flynz4

flynz4 Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    My wife drives a BMW Z4, and it is very close to the ground. She needs to be extremely careful going over speed bumps or in/out of driveways.

/Jim

2. diemonde

diemonde New Member

When I am coming out of a garage witch is below streetlevel and it is very steep I have a simple solution. I send my wife to the outside blocking the traffic. I put the pedal to the metal and I just fly out of the garage. Without scraping! :lol:

3. brucecbromberg

brucecbromberg New Member

I bottomed out while pulling out of the dealership. I traded in a sequia. I think I will have to get out of the car and lift it over the speed bumps that I will eventually need to cross.

4. DocVijay

DocVijay Active Member

I had a Z3 and never had any problems with speed bumps, only with the size of the trunk. Then again, I never tempted fate and drove very slowly over them.

5. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    The belly scrapes are minimal when I've attacked speed bumps at slight angles, just the front airdam seems to be a problem. It seems to scrape even in and out of normal driveways so I've started going out at odd angles, which seems to have solved the problem.