1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Bent front jack point

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Care, Maintenance & Troubleshooting' started by elguapo9, May 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. elguapo9

elguapo9 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    So today I was doing the 40K mile service on my 2013 Gen3. When I finished I noticed that the front jack point was kind of crushed looking. I don't think I did it this time, but I have no doubt that I'm the one that did it. The question I have is, why is that the recommended jacking point if it crushes like a beer can. I've always used a quality floor jack, so I don't understand. I'm attaching a pic. If there a better place to jack it up from? 20160511_173420.jpg

2. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I always use a thick rubber pad between my jack and the car. This distributes the force more evenly and protects the car.

NutzAboutBolts likes this.
  3. Mendel Leisk

Mendel Leisk Senior Member

Greater Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Yeah ditto. On our last car the similar jacking point got a little squished, using a regular steel cradle.

At least it's heavy, and not visible. I'd wire brush and spray it with some black if it's bugging you. It's burnished now. :)