1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

best audio speakers and headunit for 08 prius?

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by mystickid, Nov 5, 2015.

1. mystickid

mystickid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Whats the best audio speakers and headunit for 08 prius?

my stock audio is lousy. dont need an amp and all that, just great speakers and an awesome sound quality head unit.

2. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    I recommend alpine tweeters. assuming you don't have the jbl. the alpines clip right into the tweeter triangle and have a very clear sound. I had them in my '04 and I could hear the stick hit the cymbals like they were in the car.
    I also used visaton front woofers and Dayton audio 7" rear woofers. these woofers are not car speakers, they are for home audio but worked fantastic in my car. sounded better than the jbl system using a kenwood head unit.

3. frodoz737

frodoz737 Top Wrench

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Best is relative to cost. Tell the audience how much you want to spend and you will get better results on your request.

4. mystickid

mystickid Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    $600-750 for speakers and the headunit.

5. 69shovlhed

69shovlhed Surly tree hugger

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Premium
    if you can diy, that should be enough. the Dayton Audio RS180-4 7" Reference Woofer 4 Ohm from parts express.com are about $50 each, and they work damn good. my brother is an audiophile and he was impressed when he heard my car. they won't fit in the front door because they'd hit the windows but they fit good in the back doors. get a 2DIN touch screen to replace the junk oem headunit, a metra axxess to keep the steering wheel button functions, and a scosche install kit, and your good to go. but solder your connections, and use shrink tubing. do not do the idiot install by twisting wires together and taping them. and t-taps suck too. don't use them. I would call crutchfield for the head unit and install kit, alpine tweeters from whoever has the best price and parts express for woofers.